All the perennials and shrubs we sell are pre-picked for hardiness in our climate zone.
These plants are heat proof! Our wide selection of perennials are hand picked for their unique attributes and growing vigor.
- Perennials arrive weekly from local growers in a 1 gallon size. $11.99 each
- Selected for hardiness in our zone and extra long bloom times.
- 1.5 gallon perennial Hibiscus are ready to be planted. $9.95 each.
- 1 gal. perennials (common and uncommon varieties) are also ready to bring home. $9.95 each.
- Fresh plantings of heat tolerant annual selections grown for SUMMER PLANTING to endure long days and hot temperatures.
- If you are looking for a quick-fix in your gardens try our Annual Ornamental Red Rubrum Grass. When planted in the sun, they will turn a deep red color. In the shade, a bi-color of green and red. Growing 3.5 – 4 feet tall with beautiful plumes they will last in your garden down to 25 F.
Vernalization: “the cooling of seed during germination in order to accelerate flowering when it is planted.”
August, September and October are great months to plant perennials. The late fall temperatures (40 degrees F and below) allow the perennials to express roots to survive the winter and provide for a robust spring plant. This is NOT the time to feed. Feeding in fall can cause the loss of your perennials.
What do customers say?
The folks at Kolze’s are always Johnny on Spot to help choosing the best options for your specific needs. Have been going there for quite a while.
Just happened upon this nursery and have been back 4 times, the plants are so healthy and prices are best around. Plus the information i get on how to best grow each plant is wonderful..1st time i have been able to keep fuchsia alive! Thanks Kolze’s
This place is great! Bob Kolze, the owner, is very knowledgeable and helpful. The flower combinations he creates are just beautiful! I’ve gotten my pole green beans here last year when I lived in Chicago & they did so well I came back for more.
This grower is definitely the best around. They grow their own plants, teach you how to care for them, and don’t use any growth inhibitors or anything else destructive. Awesome people!
Bob and his crew are always helpful. The quality of their flowers and other plant material cannot be beat. About 8 years ago I moved to Whitewater, WI, but I still travel to Kolze’s throughout the year to buy flowers, bagged mulch and other garden supplies. There just isn’t anyone else I’ve found that delivers a better product. They also share their knowledge of plant care – as a result, my hanging baskets have lasted well into November. Thanks, guys.
This is my favorite garden center–healthy plants, knowledgeable staff, unique gifts, great yard art, plus we love shopping down in this area.
Love my poinsettia. I purchased it in November and it is still beautiful. Will never buy one anywhere else.